Firefighters break into smoky Downtown apartment; occupant uninjured, Madison Fire says

  • Source: State Journal-Capital Times
  • Published: 12/20/2017 03:13 AM

Madison firefighters had to break down a door Monday night to gain access to a smoke-filled apartment, with the occupant of the apartment uninjured in the fire. The fire was reported at about 6:40 p.m. in the 100 block of North Orchard Street, the Madison Fire Department said. The 911 caller was the tenant, who came home to find the door was locked and secured from the inside. "Smoke was coming out from under the doorway," said spokeswoman Cynthia Schuster. "She told firefighters her boyfriend was inside but wasn't answering the door." No smoke alarms were sounding in the apartment, as firefighters continued to try to wake the boyfriend by banging and kicking the door.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe