Spontaneous combustion blamed for barn fire in Augusta

  • Source: WQOW-TV ABC 18 Eau Claire
  • Published: 10/05/2017 04:25 AM

VIDEO: Smoke was seen from miles away when an Augusta barn went up in flames on Wednesday. Fire crews responded to a structure fire on Kelly Road in Augusta at roughly 4:00 p.m. on Wednesday. The high amounts of smoke and heat led to responses from crews in Fairchild, Osseo, Augusta, and Fall Creek. Fire officials believe that spontaneous combustion cause the fire inside the barn. Nobody was hurt, but officials say the hay storage facility is no longer structurally safe. "It's not uncommon. If hay gets put up too green, it creates heat," says Augusta Fire Chief Ken Zich.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and DailyDispatch.com. (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe