Dryer fire sent smoke into adjoining restaurant, Madison Fire says

  • Source: Madison
  • Published: 10/11/2017 06:25 AM

A fire inside a dryer at an East Side laundromat Monday night produced enough smoke to carry over into an adjoining restaurant, with nobody hurt in the blaze. The fire was reported at about 9 p.m. at Dana Lou's Coin Laundry, 3583 E. Washington Ave., the Madison Fire Department said. The smoke wafted into OM Indian Fusion Cuisine, 3579 E. Washington Ave., which brought out public health officials. The restaurant is closed on Tuesdays; it shut down for the night when the fire was reported. A restaurant official said it can't reopen until the health department allows it to do so.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and DailyDispatch.com. (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe