Oshkosh Building Fire Caused by Unattended Cooking

  • Source: KFIZ
  • Published: 11/26/2018 09:38 AM

The Oshkosh Fire Department is pointing to unattended cooking as the cause behind a building fire along High Avenue early Saturday morning. Fire officials ruled the cause as accidental and did not release further details. Two people were injured during the fire – and they remain in a Milwaukee hospital. One person suffered second degree burns and another suffered from smoke inhalation. City records show the building – which housed six apartments and a salon – was built in 1920. Firefighters say the rubber roof on the structure made it extremely flammable, which gave them problems as they worked to put it out. The fire started around 1:15am and was finally under control by 5:30am. Streets in the surrounding area were closed to traffic for about 12 hours.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and DailyDispatch.com. (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe