Fond du Lac man rescued from a second-story apartment unit in midst of dryer fire

  • Source: KFIZ
  • Published: 08/13/2019 06:36 PM

PHOTO: One person had to be rescued and four were treated for smoke inhalation after a fire in a clothes dryer at an apartment building in Fond du Lac Tuesday afternoon. Fond du Lac Fire and Rescue was called to a two-story apartment building on Grand Court just after 3:30 pm for the fire. The dryer was in a common first floor hallway, and firefighters noticed heavy smoke before removing the dryer from the building to minimize the spread of the fire. A search of the building found one tenant was unable to leave the building on his own, so firefighters rescued him from a second floor window. All other tenants in the 16-unit apartment building were evacuated safely. The fire was put out, and smoke was ventilated to allow all tenants to return. The Fire Department says the fire was accidental in nature, and was caused by overloading the dryer with wet clothes. No injuries were reported as a result of the fire.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe