Earlier this week, CBS 58 News told you how cancer caused 70% of firefighter line-of-duty deaths in 2016.
Now, that story is being used to promote change at a Waukesha County station.
Leaders have decided one single shower in the building isn't enough to keep firefighters safe from the toxins and carcinogens they're exposed to in their work.
The saying they use at the Vernon Fire Department is "shower within the hour."
"That's kind of hard to do when you only have one shower and five people to get through it," said Patrick Hays, Assistant Fire Chief with the Vernon Fire Department.
The problem was so bad that firefighters were going to the chief's home just to get clean.
"The toxins are in someone's home and that's not right," said Susan Fischer, former member of the Vernon Town Fire Board.