Representatives with the Red Cross are assisting 12 people, including nine children, displaced after a fire Sunday afternoon.
Firefighters responded around 4:15 p.m. to a fire inside the Parker Place Apartments on the 2000 block of Parker Place in the Town of Madison.
Residents who were home at the time of the fire escaped without injuries, officials said. The two units on either side of the fire unit had smoke and heat damage.
Crews were able to contain the fire to an area of the second floor in less than 15 minutes.
Firefighters estimate the fire caused around $40,000 in damage.