Stretch of road closed as firefighters fight fire in Rock County

  • Source: WISC-TV Channel Madison
  • Published: 03/27/2019 08:55 PM

A Rock County home is a total loss after a garage fire spread to an entire house Wednesday, according to officials with the Clinton Fire Department. Officials said the homeowners noticed the fire in the garage and immediately went to rescue two baby goats inside. The family was able to rescue their goats, but the hay and straw burst into flames, and they had to call 911. When first repsonders arrived to the home in the 9220 block of Highway 140 in Clinton, there were flames and smoke coming from the attached garage and spreading to the roof of the house. Wind caused the fire to spread faster toward the home. It took firefighters about 45 minutes to put out the fire. In the end, the home was considered a total loss. Fire crews estimate there was about $100,000 in damage. There were no injuries.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe