Madison Fire Department: Dryer fire displaces family, kills multiple pets

  • Source: WISC-TV CBS 3 Madison
  • Published: 06/10/2021 03:04 PM

Several pets were killed and a family was displaced by a dryer fire at a home on Madison’s southwest side Wednesday afternoon. Officials with the Madison Fire Department said they were first alerted to the fire when a neighbor called 911 to report black smoke coming from the home. Crews responded around 2:15 p.m. to the 4300 block of Doncaster Drive When they arrived and entered the home, firefighters didn’t find any smoke, but they did find signs that a fire had burned for a long time and caused a “significant” amount of smoke damage through the home. Further investigation revealed the fire started in a dryer in the basement. Fire officials said it likely burned for hours before eventually getting extinguished when the flames burst a water pipe above the dryer.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe