Firefighters extinguish lawn tractor fire in Verona

  • Source: WKOW-TV ABC 27 Madison
  • Published: 12/11/2022 04:29 AM

Firefighters were able to successfully extinguish a lawn tractor that caught fire in Verona Saturday evening. Dane County Dispatch says the call for the fire came in at 6:32 p.m. The Verona Fire Department was on scene within minutes. Verona Fire Department Chief Matthew Valentine said a lawn tractor caught fire within the garage of a home. Residents and neighbors were able to roll the tractor outside the garage. According to Valentine, they were discharging extinguishers on it when firefighters arrived, and firefighters helped finish the job with water. Valentine said the garage suffered smoke and heat damage.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe