Six displaced after fireworks-related fire in Green Bay

  • Source: WGBA-TV NBC 26 Green Bay
  • Published: 07/04/2022 06:23 AM

Six people are displaced after a fire Sunday night, that the Fire Marshal says was caused by the improper disposal of fireworks. The Green Bay Metro Fire Department was called to the scene on the corner of Dousman and Platten Street in Green Bay around 11:30 Sunday night. The report said a fence was on fire and it was spreading towards a house. While firefighters were en route, they were told the fire had spread to the home. On the scene, firefighters were able to control the fire within 10 minutes. Damage was contained to a corner of house and roof, with smoke extension throughout the three-unit home. The six people who lived there had evacuated before the fire department arrived. No one was hurt in the incident. The Fire Marshal determined the cause of the fire was related to the improper disposal of fireworks.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe