Ten Green Bay residents homeless after blaze causes $80,000 damage to home

  • Source: Green Bay Press-Gazette
  • Published: 06/05/2022 10:08 AM

Eight children and two adults were staying in temporary housing Sunday, the day after careless use of smoking materials caused $80,000 damage to their west side home. The fire at 910 Elmore St. appears to have begun on the second story of the single-family house. Battalion Chief Tony Piontek said the first firefighters to arrive found smoke coming from the ends of the attic, and from the porch roof. Firefighters had the blaze under control in less than 20 minutes, but all 10 residents were displaced. Fire officials blamed careless handling of smoking materials for starting the blaze. No injuries were reported. The American Red Cross is assisting victims.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and DailyDispatch.com. (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe