VIDEO/PHOTOS: At least two families are without a home following a fire in Grant County.
Witnesses told 27 News it happened at the Wisconsin Wood Inn in Dickeyville around 7:30 a.m. Wednesday. A couple who lived in one of the apartments attached to the motel said, despite their heat being off, they could feel it through the vents and realized something wasn't right.
"I hollered at my wife and told her 'I think the apartment is on fire.' She came in and felt the ceiling and said we need to get out," April Coudill said. April and her wife Lonza said they lost everything inside, including her 8-year-old daughter's toys. "We're going to have a hard time with her, because she has a lot of favorite stuffed animals up there," April said. "One of them was really expensive and she doesn't even know it caught fire yet."