Fire damages Sparta restaurant

  • Source: WXOW-TV ABC 19 LaCrosse
  • Published: 11/15/2022 01:40 AM

A Sparta restaurant is closed after a fire in the kitchen spreads to other parts of the building Monday afternoon. The Sparta Area Fire District was called to the Sparta Family Restaurant at 741 Avon Road just before 1 p.m. according to Fire Chief Mike Arnold. When they arrived, heavy smoke was coming from the roof of the building. Chief Arnold said a fire began in the kitchen, then spread through the exhaust ventilation system up through the ceiling and roof areas. Crews were able to put the fire out but not before the restaurant sustained moderate fire damage in the kitchen and moderate smoke and water damage in the dining area.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe