Firefighters extinguish shed fire in Almond caused by wood burner

  • Source: WAOW-TV ABC 9 Wausau
  • Published: 11/28/2022 05:21 PM

Firefighters put out a shed fire believed to have started by a nearby outdoor wood burner in Almond on Monday morning. Early Monday morning, a homeowner reported a fire in their shed outside. When firefighters arrived on scene, they quickly extinguished the fire before it spread to any other structures. The shed is a total loss. The fire's cause is believed to be from the outside wood burner near to the shed. "Keep the areas around the outside the wood burners, keep them clean, Dennis Schulz, 1st Assistant Fire Chief of the Almond Fire Department, said. "It could've been just an ember fell down, wood stack too close to the wood burner or something else."


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe