Janesville kitchen fire sends 1 to hospital

  • Source: WKOW-TV ABC 27 Madison
  • Published: 01/12/2023 07:57 PM

The Janesville Fire Department responded to a residential fire Wednesday that sent someone to the hospital. The department posted on Facebook the fire took place at the second-floor apartment of a multi-family home on Prairie Ave. Firefighters quickly entered the upper apartment, finding and extinguishing a fire that had "engulfed the kitchen." The person living in the apartment was taken to the hospital with injuries not considered as life threatening. The department said the fire was contained to the upper apartment, but the whole home was damaged by smoke and water.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and DailyDispatch.com. (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe