Madison Fire Department responds to gas leak at East High School

  • Source: WISC-TV CBS/MyNetworkTV 3 Madison
  • Published: 01/19/2023 12:00 AM

The Madison Fire Department says it was called to East High School Thursday morning for a gas leak while students were briefly held outside of the building as a precaution. Firefighters were called to the school just before 8 a.m. for a report of a natural gas leak. The fire department says a large piece of concrete broke apart during demolition work in the school and hit a gas line in the school’s boiler room, breaking the line. The construction company on site was able to stop the leak before firefighters got on the scene. Since the school day had not started yet, students were held outside while the gas leak was addressed. The fire department monitored the air inside the school and allowed students back inside once it was deemed safe.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe