1 person taken to the hospital after cooking fire in Sun Prairie

  • Source: WKOW-TV ABC 27 Madison
  • Published: 03/29/2023 02:15 PM

A Sun Prairie resident was badly burned during an overnight kitchen fire, according to the Sun Prairie Fire Department. Fire officials said they were called to the 200 block of Foxdale Drive just before 1 a.m. Wednesday for a report of a building fire. When crews arrived to the multi-family building, they learned a kitchen fire happened in one of the units. The person who lived there was able to put out the fames before firefighters got there, but they sustained significant burns and had to be taken to the hospital. Assistant Chief Bill Sullivan said the fire stayed in the kitchen. And crews were able to clear some of the the smoke out of the building, allowing the people in four units to go back home.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and DailyDispatch.com. (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe