Fire does six-digit damage to business, Watertown Fire Department says

  • Source: WMTV NBC/CW 15 Madison
  • Published: 10/02/2023 08:05 PM

VIDEO: The Watertown Fire Department is crediting an employee of a business in the city with helping prevent a fire that caused more than $100,000 worth of damage on Friday afternoon from spreading even further. The worker had been using a fire extinguisher to tamp down the flames until firefighters could reach the business, which is in the 1200 block of American Way. When they arrived, shortly after 2 p.m., firefighters reported seeing smoke coming through the open garage door. They grabbed a hose and quashed the rest of the flames before setting up fans to clear out the smoke. In all, firefighters were there for approximately two hours, according to the fire department’s statement. One person was hurt in the incident, the report indicated, and had to be taken to the hospital.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe