Lake Geneva fire may have been started by candles

  • Source: WTMJ-TV NBC 4 Milwaukee
  • Published: 06/10/2024 12:00 AM

PHOTOS: A large fire, potentially caused by candles on a patio, spread to multiple units at the Lazy Cloud Lodge in Lake Geneva off Highway 50. The Lake Geneva and the Town of Linn Fire Departments responded to the fire early Friday night. The Town of Delavan, Town of Lyons and Elkhorn Fire Departments were also sent to the scene. Engine 281 was the first to arrive, and because of the magnitude of the fire, they began aggressively trying to put it out. Eventually, they needed additional support and elevated the alarm to the second level. Walworth, Racine, Kenosha and McHenry County Fire Departments all responded, helped put out the flames and salvaged items from the units. Most of the damage was to the back of the building and in the attic, and no one was reported to be injured.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe