Rural business in Monroe County damaged in fire

  • Source: WXOW-TV ABC 19 La Crosse
  • Published: 05/29/2024 12:00 AM

PHOTOS: A fire has damaged a rural bar and gentlemen's club late Monday night. The Sparta Area Fire District was called to Baron's Gentlemen's Club west of Cataract just before midnight. As crews arrived, there were visible flames and heavy smoke coming from the building. Chief Mike Arnold said crews had a hard time putting out the fire. He said that they were on the scene for five hours. During that time, they poured 56,000 gallons of water in extinguishing the fire. Melrose, Black River Falls, and Ft. McCoy fire departments provided assistance at the scene. Chief Arnold said no one was in the building at the time of the fire. No injuries were reported. He stated that they found the area where the fire started and continue to look into the cause.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe