A large family is forced to deal with the reality of abruptly being without a home.
A little before 3 p.m. Wednesday, neighbors on Siders Avenue in Huntington, located behind the Tri-State Fire Academy, saw flames shooting out of a house.
"The whole front of the house was totally engulfed," neighbor Diana Arnn said.
"We just heard things exploding," neighbor Peggy Cotton said.
A man tells WSAZ his father and a friend were in the garage working on a car the father had bought for his wife a few months ago.
They say the car caught fire, and the flames quickly spread.
The family says none of the other five people who live in the home were there at the time.
"My heart goes out to them," Cotton said. "Anybody that loses their home, you feel for them."
"They have small children and pets," Arnn said. "It's going to be very difficult. I can't imagine.