One transported to hospital after Mingo fire

  • Source: WCHS-TV ABC 8
  • Published: 01/04/2019 08:45 AM

One person was taken to the hospital Thursday after being burned in an apartment fire in Mingo County. The fire happened about 11 a.m. in the 1500 block of West Fourth Avenue. Williamson Fire Chief Joey Carey said the fire is still under investigation but believes it started from careless smoking. Carey said the fire broke out in an efficiency apartment attached to a single-family home. He added there was no power hooked up to the apartment, and the house was vacant. When fires crews arrived on the scene, they found heavy smoke and the whole interior apartment was engulfed. Carey said fire crews assisted one man out of the apartment who suffered burns to his face. The man was transported to a local hospital.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe