Family of 9 safe after kitchen fire in Hayden

  • Source: KHQ-TV NBC 6 Spokane
  • Published: 12/01/2023 12:00 AM

PHOTO: The Northern Lakes Fire Department (NLFD) saved a family of nine and their dog from a smoke-filled home after an early morning kitchen fire broke out on Thursday. On Nov. 30, Northern Lakes Fire quickly responded to a call from a concerned neighbor who reported a structure fire early in the morning in Hayden. The fire, which started in the kitchen, was quickly contained and first responders made sure the fire did not spread any further. Alongside three NLFD Fire stations, efforts from the Red Cross and the Coeur d'Alene Fire Department were made to assist the family of nine that were affected by the fire. NLFD urges the community to be aware of the proper functionality of smoke detectors and portable heaters in order to prevent instances like this. It is recommended that smoke detectors over 10 years old be exchanged for new ones.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe