At 7:16 pm on Thursday November 30th, the Winchester Volunteer Fire Department responded to a distress call reporting a recreational vehicle fire on Lawyer Street. Upon arrival, the three fire engines and the Quick Response Unit arrived and found two fully engulfed RVs, and a shed on fire.
With the addition of Winchester Rural Fire District, Craigmont Vol. Fire Department, Nezperce Rural Fire District, and Lewis County Sheriff's Deputies, intense fire fighting efforts contained fire to the original structures, and kept the fire from traveling to a nearby home and shop which were initially threatened. No injuries were reported among the firefighters.
The suspected cause of the fire was an electric space heater. Avista Utilities also played a role in the operation by addressing a downed power line on the scene.