Dog dies but Pocatello firefighters able to save two homes and cat from blazes

  • Source: Idaho State Journal - Metered Site
  • Published: 11/28/2023 12:00 AM

A dog died but firefighters were able to save two homes and a cat from a pair of Monday morning fires. Neither blaze resulted in any injuries to people. The canine died in the second fire, which occurred around 11:30 a.m. at a single-story home on the 100 block of Chase Street near Greenacres Elementary School. The fire was reported by a neighbor who saw the smoke billowing from the residence, the Fire Department said. A woman residing in a basement apartment at the home was able to safely evacuate, firefighters said. The fire started in the upper floor of the residence, where the dog was present. The dog’s owner was not home at the time because she was taking her other canine to the veterinarian, the Fire Department said.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe