Hazardous materials leak cleared near ISU Eames Complex in Pocatello

  • Source: KIFI-TV ABC/CBS/CW+ 8 Idaho Falls
  • Published: 09/14/2023 12:00 AM

Pocatello Fire Department and Idaho State University officials were asking the public to avoid the area of the Eames Complex, 1999 Alvin Ricken Drive, due to a hazardous material leak. First responders and hazardous material experts were on scene and had created a safety perimeter around the shipping containers outside the building that contained the leaking detectors. People who were in the Eames Complex building had been asked to briefly shelter in place. The leak was found by ISU employees in the process of inventorying and removing donated neutron detectors. The detectors contained cracks causing a Boron trifluoride gas leak. All hazmat and emergency personnel at the ISU Eames Building Hazardous Material Incident have cleared the scene, and normal operations may resume.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and DailyDispatch.com. (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe