Follow-up: Andover house fire that caused $3.5M in damage likely caused by electrical problem, officials say

  • Source: Andover Townsman
  • Published: 08/08/2019 01:01 PM

State and local fire officials said the cause of a blaze that did millions of dollars worth of damage to a home on Brundrett Avenue is unknown, but was likely electrical in nature. Fire Chief Michael Mansfield and state Fire Marshal Peter Ostroskey announced Thursday that the cause of the July 8 fire at 8 Brundrett Ave. is undetermined, but an electrical problem in the basement ceiling most likely ignited the blaze. The fire caused more than $3.5 million in damage to the large one-family home, officials said. Residents of the home were able to escape safely. There was one minor injury to a firefighter, officials said. The fire appears to have started in a space in the basement ceiling above a bathroom where there was a combination vent and fan installed and other household wiring, officials said in Thursday's statement.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe