Four dogs and at least one cat died as the result of a house fire in Warren

  • Source: C&G Newspapers
  • Published: 04/12/2019 01:41 AM

Despite what was by all accounts an incredible team effort by Warren’s first responders, four dogs and at least one cat were overcome by smoke and perished in a residential fire April 11. “I didn’t even care about the house,” said Michele Behm, who lives in the home on Toepfer Road between Federal Avenue and MacArthur Boulevard with her husband, David, and daughter, Kyra. “My babies are gone.” Warren Fire Chief Tim Morgan said the call came in at 11:30 a.m. and that firefighters with a quint apparatus from Station 1 on Nine Mile Road at Federal, across from Lincoln High School, were on the scene in just two minutes. “Lots of smoke coming out of the roof and eaves,” Morgan said. “The neighbors were on the phone with the owners of the house and so they immediately told the firefighters that nobody was in the house, except for dogs.”


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe