Fried chicken mishap leads to Ypsilanti Township house destroyed in grease fire

  • Source:
  • Published: 06/10/2019 06:51 AM

An Ypsilanti Township home was destroyed Saturday afternoon when the homeowner unsuccessfully tried to cook some frozen chicken in a pot of hot oil. Fire and rescue crews were called at 12:18 p.m. June 8, to a home in the 6000 block of Aspen Way for a report of a house fire, according to the Ypsilanti Township Fire Department. The homeowner was attempting to fry some frozen chicken in the kitchen, which caused the oil to rush out of the pot and catch fire, officials said.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe