No one injured in Montague house fire

  • Source: WZZM-TV ABC 13 Grand Rapids
  • Published: 05/25/2023 07:03 AM

Crews respond to the scene of a house fire in Muskegon County that authorities say may have started after a family was grilling on the deck Wednesday. The impacted home is along Onsikamme Street near Ravine Street in Montague. Montague Fire Chief Ron Anderson said the fire is believed to have started in the grill, which the family had been using on the back deck. The fire then spread to the home. It damaged much of the kitchen area before crews could extinguish it. The fire is now out. No one was injured in the fire, according to Anderson. Crews will remain on scene to check for hot spots and clean up debris.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe