Follow Up: Mobile home fire by Hauser Lake reportedly caused by propane heater

  • Source: KXLH
  • Published: 03/14/2019 12:00 AM

An explosion and ensuing fire near Hauser Lake Tuesday night destroyed a trailer and left a disabled veteran homeless, according to officials. Crews from Tri-Lakes Volunteer Fire Department responded around 8 p.m. Aided by East Valley Volunteer Fire, crews fought the blaze for more than five hours. Tri-Lakes Fire Chief Bob Drake said the home is a total loss and the cause of the fire and explosion appear to be from a propane heater. When the explosion happened, the owner was inside the home, but he only suffered bruising and minor burns. “It blew a 8 foot by 8 foot section of wall out, all the windows and the doors out. He’s very lucky to be alive,” said Drake. “He singed the hair all over his face. He had a full beard and hair.” The homeowner was checked out by St. Peter’s Health medics before being released. The heater believed to have caused the fire was being used under the trailer to thaw frozen pipes.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe