Related: Tenant taken to hospital following Billings apartment fire

  • Source: KTVQ-TV CBS Q2 Billings
  • Published: 10/26/2021 10:00 PM

VIDEO: A tenant was injured following an apartment fire on the 700 block of North 19th Street in Billings Tuesday night. Firefighters received the call around 6:50 p.m. after a tenant saw smoke coming from an unoccupied room across the hall, according to Assistant Fire Marshal Bill Tatum. An on-site maintenance worker extinguished the fire with multiple fire extinguishers, and the occupant's cat was rescued from inside, according to Tatum. A neighbor was taken to the hospital. Tatum wrote the tenant possibly suffered from smoke inhalation, while the maintenance worker told Q2 News he believed the tenant was injured after falling. The fire damaged the top of a stove, vent fan and cupboards above the stove and caused smoke and soot damage throughout the rest of the apartment, according to Tatum.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe