Cary firefighters rescue teen who got stuck in chimney

  • Source: WTVD-TV ABC Channel 11
  • Published: 05/08/2018 08:40 PM

Just because Santa Claus can get down a chimney doesn't mean you can. One teen found out the hard way Tuesday night when he got stuck in a chimney at a group home in the 1300 block of Helmsdale Drive. He was about 10 feet into the chimney, the Cary Fire Department said, and it took firefighters about 20 minutes to extricate him. Firefighters told ABC11 that the teen went up on the roof and down the chimney because he was "exploring." Fortunately, the adventure ended well and the teen was OK.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe