2 displaced after south Charlotte home catches fire

  • Source: WCNC
  • Published: 05/13/2018 06:22 AM

VIDEO: Fire officials say two people were displaced after their south Charlotte home accidentally caught fire Saturday evening. Crews responded to a house fire in the 9300 block of Beacon Valley Street in south Charlotte. Crews had to rotate shifts between 15 to 20 minutes because of the scorching hot temperatures. Medic provided multiple cooling stations for the firefighters on scene. Charlotte Fire also brought in backups so crews can rotate. No one was hurt but the accidental fire caused about $415,000 in damages, according to officials. Fire officials say the smoke detectors were operating at the time of the fire. Charlotte Fire Chief Reginald Johnson took to Twitter to commend crews and paramedics for enduring the hot weather during Saturday's fire.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and DailyDispatch.com. (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe