Elderly Greensboro couple loses home in fire one day after burying son

  • Source: WFMY-TV CBS 2 Greensboro
  • Published: 12/06/2019 07:43 PM

Just one day after burying their son, an elderly couple lost their home in a fire Friday morning. The Alamance Community Fire Department says crews got the calls around 9:30 a.m. to a home on the 2600 block of Alamance Church Road. Fire investigators determined it was the result of a wood stove. "I was just sitting there drinking my coffee, smoking a cigarette," said Frank McCraw, "Somebody knocked on the door and said your house is on fire." The couple living there, Frank and Emma McCraw, were not injured. However, firefighters say the house is a total loss, and that the McCraw's didn't have insurance. Pleasant Garden Baptist Church is assisting the McCraws by giving them a place to stay for the time being. The community has rallied together to support them in this difficult time.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and DailyDispatch.com. (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe