Burlington neighbor rescues dog from fire sparked by lamp

  • Source: Mooresville Tribune
  • Published: 12/10/2019 01:51 AM

A light used to heat a dog's outdoor living space sparked a fire and an estimated $15,000 worth of damages, fire officials said. At 12:40 p.m. Sunday the Burlington Police Department responded to 528 Hillcrest Avenue after a neighbor saw flames coming from the rear of a house and called 911. The same neighbor rescued the dog from the fire. Firefighters responded within three minutes and found fire and heavy smoke from the rear corner of the house, but were able to put the flames out within minutes. Fire officials said the flames damaged the exterior of the house, including melted vinyl siding and destroyed a deck. The homeowners were not displaced.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and DailyDispatch.com. (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe