Family escapes Wake County fire that destroyed home; space heater a possible cause

  • Source: CBS 17 News
  • Published: 11/17/2019 08:02 PM

Authorities are investigating if a space heater led to a fire that destroyed a Wake County home Sunday night. The fire was reported around 6:45 p.m. at a home in the 3600 block of Lodge Drive near Knightdale, officials said. When Eastern Wake Fire Department crews arrived, flames were already showing out the back of the home, officials said. A family of four was at home at the time when the fire started. They all managed to get out of the home, however, two pet birds died in the blaze, according to fire officials. Wake County officials said the fire was electrical, but are not sure if it is linked to a space heater. The cause of fire that destroyed the single-wide mobile home is still under investigation. No one was hurt. About 15 firefighters worked to extinguish the blaze.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe