Mobile home, contents lost in blaze; woods fires occur in Broadway

  • Source: Wilkes Journal Patriot
  • Published: 11/18/2019 01:43 AM

A woman lost the mobile home she rented and all of her belongings inside in a fire in the Broadway Fire District early Sunday morning. The fire in the older model single wide mobile home occupied by Ronda Billings apparently began from an electric heater, said Assistant Fire Chief Jason Hart of the Broadway Fire Department. Firefighters found the heater tipped over, but don't know what caused that, said Hart. He said Billings stated that she was awakened by the sound of something popping, smelled smoke and quickly exited the house. With her cell phone and pocket book left in the mobile home, she ran to a neighbor’s residence to call 911. Billings and her three dogs escaped from the burning mobile home without any injuries, but the fire was in an advanced stage when firefighters arrived and nothing could be saved.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe