A fire reported at a Greenville apartment complex that left three firefighters and displaced eight residents has been ruled accidental, officials said.
On Wednesday around 9 a.m. Greenville Fire-Rescue responded to Sterling Pointe Drive for a townhome fire.
After an investigation, officials said the fire at Sterling Pointe townhomes is ruled accidental.
Officials said the area of origin is the kitchen stove and the cause is unattended cooking.
One pet, a cat, was rescued by GFR crews.
Three units sustained damage and eight occupants are being displaced and assisted by the Red Cross.
The Winterville Community Fire Department also responded to the scene to assist.
There were no civilian injuries reported.
Three firefighters sustained minor injuries and were transported to the hospital, officials said.