Greenville apartment complex fire that displaced 8 people, injured 3 firefighters ruled accidental

  • Source: WNCT-TV Channel 9
  • Published: 09/04/2019 06:56 AM

A fire reported at a Greenville apartment complex that left three firefighters and displaced eight residents has been ruled accidental, officials said. On Wednesday around 9 a.m. Greenville Fire-Rescue responded to Sterling Pointe Drive for a townhome fire. After an investigation, officials said the fire at Sterling Pointe townhomes is ruled accidental. Officials said the area of origin is the kitchen stove and the cause is unattended cooking. One pet, a cat, was rescued by GFR crews. Three units sustained damage and eight occupants are being displaced and assisted by the Red Cross. The Winterville Community Fire Department also responded to the scene to assist. There were no civilian injuries reported. Three firefighters sustained minor injuries and were transported to the hospital, officials said.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe