The Raleigh Fire Department determined Thursday that a small fire at a Raleigh apartment home was accidental in nature.
Scorched clothes outside the front door of the apartment off Glenwood Avenue at 6160 St. Giles St. first indicated that someone may have started the fire on purpose. An investigation ruled the fire as accidental but did not explain how it started.
Thirty firefighters responded to the fire around 2:15 a.m., which was contained to the apartment's front door, where the clothes were, and a small kitchen.
The fire was under control by 2:30 a.m.
The home suffered minor damage and is still habitable.
No one was injured.