Family believes charging hoverboard sparked fire in Fayetteville

  • Source: WRAL-TV NBC 5 Raleigh
  • Published: 06/03/2021 09:09 PM

Five people are displaced after a fire damaged their home Thursday night in Fayetteville. Flames engulfed a home on Progress Street, charring the upper half of the building. The Fayetteville Fire Department says most of the flames were concentrated in the front of the home. Family members told WRAL News that a hoverboard on a charger began smoking, and they rushed outside. Fire department officials did not share an official cause of the fire.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe