Investigators say candle factor in fire at Greenville senior living complex

  • Source: WITN-TV NBC 7 Washington
  • Published: 01/11/2022 12:59 PM

Investigators say a candle was a contributing factor in a fire late this morning at a Greenville senior living complex. Fire Marshal Bryant Beddard said they were called to Willow Spring Apartments on Spring Forest Road around 11:20 a.m. He said 26 people were temporarily evacuated and one resident had to be treated at the scene for minor injuries. Multiple ambulances were brought in as a precaution. One apartment received significant fire and water damage. Beddard said except for that one unit, residents were allowed back in their apartments this afternoon. The fire department has ruled the fire as accidental.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe