Mechanical failure causes car fire at McDonalds in Leland

  • Source: WECT-TV NBC 6 Wilmington
  • Published: 01/26/2022 12:00 AM

VIDEO: Emergency crews responded to a car fire Tuesday morning at the McDonalds located on Village Road in Leland. According to officials investigating on the scene, the fire originated in the engine compartment and the cause has been labeled as a mechanical failure. Leland Fire/Rescue was dispatched to the restaurant shortly after 6:30 a.m. Tuesday. “Upon arrival, companies found a single vehicle 50 percent involved, approximately 10 feet from the building,” according to Leland Communications Manager Jessica Jewell. “The fire was extinguished without any injuries or damage to the building.”


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe