Fire burns through Smithfield family's home week before Thanksgiving: 'Whole world changed'

  • Source: WTVD-TV ABC 11 Durham
  • Published: 11/15/2023 03:12 PM

VIDEO: A fire burned through a Smithfield family's home a week before Thanksgiving. The fire started around 4:30 a.m. Wednesday at Anthony and Teresa Lynn's home of 18 years located on Longview Drive. Thankfully, a working smoke detector woke Teresa up in time. She then alerted the rest of the house and got everybody out safely. "When my wife came and told me the house was on fire and to get out, our whole world changed in about 60 seconds," Anthony said. "Nobody would ever go to bed thinking that you're going to lose your home." "If they had not had working smoke detectors they could have been badly injured or could have lost their life," Fire Chief Jeremey Daughtry said.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe