Accidental fire causes nearly $100K in damage at southeast Charlotte house

  • Source: WBTV CBS 3 Charlotte
  • Published: 11/17/2023 12:09 PM

VIDEO: Firefighters extinguished a large house fire in southeast Charlotte on Friday morning. The blaze broke out along Springhouse Lane, just off Rama Road, shortly after midnight, the Charlotte Fire Department said. When they arrived, firefighters were met with heavy flames showing from the roof of the house. They were able to control the fire in about 21 minutes. Officials said nobody was hurt in the blaze. Firefighters said the fire was deemed accidental and was sparked by firepit embers igniting wooden deck boards. The fire caused an estimated $97,000 in damage. Officials said the homeowners are currently unable to stay in the house.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe