7 people displaced, 3 taken to hospital after Goldsboro building fire, officials say

  • Source: WNCN-TV CBS 17 Goldsboro
  • Published: 02/09/2024 05:16 AM

Seven people are displaced after a fire was started due to a space heater being too close to combustible material on Thursday, the Goldsboro Fire Department said. Three people were taken to UNC Health Wayne by EMS. Around 3:15 p.m. Thursday, the Goldsboro Fire Department units were called to a structure fire at 122 ½ N. Center St. Approximately 19 firefighters and all command staff members also responded. When arriving to the scene, smoke could be seen from the second floor and three people were hanging out of the front windows. Firefighters removed the three victims safely. The fire was under control just after 4 p.m.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and DailyDispatch.com. (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe