VIDEO: A detached garage is a complete loss after an early Sunday morning fire.
According to the Minatare/Melbeta Volunteer Fire Department, they received a call just before 4:30 am Sunday morning for a structure fire on Clemans Road.
When crews got there, they found a detached garage fully engulfed and requested mutual aid from Scotts Bluff Rural Fire. In total an engine tanker with six personnel from each department battled the flames for 15-20 minutes.
Preliminary reports from the department detail it may have been caused by an electrical outlet overload. They estimate $15,000 worth of contents inside lost with an estimate of $20,000 to $25,000 to rebuild the structure.
Luckily, no one was inside at the time and there are no injuries to report.