Firefighters battle Clarence house fire

  • Source: WKBW-TV ABC 7 Buffalo
  • Published: 01/14/2020 03:56 AM

The Clarence Fire Department is investigating what caused a house fire on Wehrle Drive. The call came in just after 9 Monday night. Witnesses say they saw smoke coming from the chimney area and second floor. Fire officials say the flames originated near the chimney but dropped into the home's basement. Firefighters from Clarence, Clarence Center, and Main Transit worked together to extinguish the fire. It was under control within a half hour. One firefighter was evaluated for an ankle injury. The fire did $275,000 in damage and the caused the death of the family cat.


We welcome comments from registered users. Comments are solely the responsibility of those who post them; their viewpoints are not endorsed by the Daily Dispatch and (read more)
ship name
no comments have been added

Sign up to subscribe to custom state Daily Dispatch emails for free

click to subscribe