An auto-repair shop was completely destroyed after a Monday morning fire, according to Lexington County Fire officials.
The fire happened at a business at the 200 block of Chapin Road, but the name of the business wasn’t given. The Lexington County Fire Service and EMS were dispatched to the scene.
Heavy smoke and flames could be seen upon arrival. Units from the Irmo Fire District and the Columbia Fire Department were also called to help. There were no injuries reported, but the business is deemed a total loss, with an estimated $1 million in damages.
A secondary woodworking shop next to the auto-repair building received smoke damage as well.